The Department of Art and Design came into establishment with the inception of the University in 2004, and since then, has been growing rapidly in all aspects and is soon poised to become one of the best art departments in the Kingdom. The number of instructors, as well as the number of facilities, has been doubled ever since. The students enrolled in this Department can acquire both practical and theoretical skills in the hands of both artists as well as highly reputed instructors creating an association from which students can derive a sense of pride as they enrich their work experience while nurturing their favorite craftsmanship. Several state-of-the art drawing and design labs and other computerized facilities have been installed and made available for students and instructors. Two major specialization programmes are administered by the Department. The first programme leads to a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, and the other leads to a Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design.
Graduating qualified students, ready to work in fields relevant to their specializations and appropriate to local and regional market needs, as well as commitment to high standards of quality in education in the fields of art and design through offering academic programmes in line with up-to-date development and enhanced by partnership with educational and professional institutions.
- Qualifying students academically to be able to work in their fields of specializations and fulfill market needs.
- Enhancing partnership with its community and developing its programmes and study plans according to Bahraini higher education quality assurance standards.
- Developing students’ abilities in self learning and directing academic scientific research to the improvement of educational level and community service.
- B.A. Graphic Design (Arabic)
- B.A. Interior Design (Arabic)