Our aim is to prepare a qualified cadre able to fulfil the needs of the local and external market. This will help to solve the financial and accounting issues. The focus of the department is to develop the scientific research in accounting and finance and to graduate specialised cadres who holds a master’s degree. This will help to develop advancement and development according to the plans of the Kingdom of Bahrain 2030.
The objectives of the department are as the following:
- To update the academic courses and programmes according to the latest scientific developments.
- To prepare the academic staff to be qualified in their fields.
- To assist students in order to attain degrees in accounting and finance CFA, CMA, CPA.
- To provide students with the necessary knowledge to be capable to continue their higher education.
- To develop the analytical scientific thinking of the students and to link between the scientific knowledge and the practical implementation. This can be achieved by the proper methods of teaching in order to qualify people according to the needs of the market and help enable them to face the challenges and competition.
- To implement what is taught in the classroom by using the case method, field trips and by explaining to the students what is happening in the market. Students must be taught how to use the computer. The main concern of our department is to prepare a qualified cadre able to deal with the modern techniques in implementing accounting.
- To develop the abilities of the postgraduate students in research by following the methods of scientific thinking in finance and accounting.
- To support trends related to the finance of Islamic jurisdiction.
- To develop the scientific abilities of those who are interested in continuing their education in the academic field and provide them with the theoretical and practical abilities to work in establishments, financial companies and banks.
- To develop the scientific relations with the other section of the universities.
- To seek job opportunities for the graduates in the local and Gulf market.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (BA) “Arabic”
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance (BAF) “English”
- Master’s Degree in Accounting and Finance (MAF) “Arabic”
- *Hosted B.A. (Hons) Accounting and Finance (English) (For more information please refer to the booklet).