The Deanship of Admissions and Registration is entrusted with key tasks and duties. The main tasks of the deanship can be summarised as follows:
- To welcome prospective students, help them to fill out the application form for joining the university, and to screen applications for admission purposes.
- To announce the names of admitted students to the university’s faculties and to maintain records of certified documents and credentials of students.
- To administer and announce the weekly lecturing schedule prior the commencement of each academic semester.
- To prepare and announce the final examination schedule to the students and College members.
- To administer the registration process of the university students at the beginning of each semester and to administer the process of add and drop-of the courses within the designated dates.
- To compute and compile critical statistical data for use both internal and external use.
- To designate the student grades and to extract their final averages.
- To review the academic plans of the students.
- To provide the embassies, ministries and the institutions with the performance reports for sponsored students.
- To issue transcripts and various other documents as requested by students.
- To make all necessary preparations for the annual graduation ceremony and participate in it.
- To supply the IT Department with the data required for the admission, registration, examinations and plans.
- To initiate and streamline the academic process required to the granting of the undergraduate and postgraduate degrees at the university.